10.10.2010

Here goes nothing

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -John 16:33 (NIV)

Sometimes, it's hard to keep these words in mind. It's so easy to get caught up in the hardships and predicaments of life, never stopping to think of the One who is in control of them all.
Personally, especially as of late, I've been having a difficult time having peace. Seems like a strange thing to be struggling with, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

In this world we will have trouble.  We are not promised an easy life, even when following God. I would even venture to say "especially when following God." Trials are put in our life sometimes to test us. But sometimes, it's Satan attacking. His goal is to push us away from God and make Christianity look awful, so it's no wonder he attacks Christians so much. What a success it would be for him to persuade a G0d-follower to abandon his beliefs, or at least question his God. And what more for him to push Christians so far that they behave ungodly, and therefore make unbelievers uninterested in Christianity. 

But take heart! HE has overcome the world. While Jesus was on earth, He faced just as much crap as we go through. The difference was that He handled everything in a godly way, because, well, He IS God. He endured much more than most of us will ever have to deal with in our lifetimes. He has and will continue to overcome wickedness and pain. We can have peace, because He is the peace-giver. He is on His throne. And He loves us more than we could even imagine. 

All too often, I'm anxious. I worry. I don't trust God fully with the problems in my life. I'm almost as far as you could get from perfect, but He loves me and blesses me beyond my comprehension. What would make the King of all creation love a pathetic thing like myself? I'm not sure, but I thank Him every day that He does.

I decided to create this blog because A) I love blogging. B) I wanted to start a more in-depth blog than my Tumblr blog. And C) Maybe someone could get something out of at least one of my future posts. Maybe some comfort. Maybe a new perspective. Maybe a laugh.

I'm not sure exactly what may turn up in this blog, but I'm sure it will be quite the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment